[GE users] Best cluster management software and OS

Hai Pham bob.cratermeister at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 05:07:01 GMT 2005

The trouble with Gentoo is their update tool, which has a tendency to
overwrite existing config files -- causing unexpected failures after
an update.  This eventually drove me insane enough that I switched to
SUSE.  Performance isn't as good, but my sanity is much better now. :)

We started with Bioteam iNquiry on top of SUSE for our cluster.  It's
not perfect, but it gave us the head start we needed to help us build
a cluster for providing bioinformatics webservices.