[GE users] Best cluster management software and OS

Brady Catherman bradyc at uidaho.edu
Sat Nov 19 05:11:29 GMT 2005

Wow.. I have never had Gentoo overwrite a config file. It always
creates a "._cfg_<filename>" file and then lets you use etc-update to
actually update configs. I believe overwriting stuff is explicitly
forbidden by emerge. (Check out the sandbox installer, it won't let a
program install anywhere its not supposed to =) It smacks its upside
the head if it does.)