[GE users] qresub as other user

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Mon Nov 21 10:12:30 GMT 2005

Hi,

>>> Please file a bug to IssueZilla for this.
>>
>> Well, is it really a bug? Do you expect to get it denied?
>
> Yes, absolutely.
>

>> Since all if the job info cannot be hidden I see no problem that any user
>> can "qresub" and thus submit the same job. anyone could write a script whic
>> mimics qresub by getting all the job request with qstat -r and qstat -j and
>> submitting the job script by tyking it out from the qmaster spool directory.
>
> Doing qresub of some other users job script allows you to access his/her job
> script. Just imagine if there is anything confidential inside the script.

??? Why?

If a do qresub of another job where from I should get higher priveleges? Of
course the new job would have to be submitted under the username/groupnanme
of the qresub user.

As I explained above anyone can fully mimic qresub with existing qstat/qsub
options.

You even could do nice things with it: An admin can submit "template" jobs
and put a hold on theses jobs. Any user could reuse these jobs without the
need to have access to the job script and no interference of any existing
global/local "sge_request" file.

Andy