[GE users] weird qrsh + ssh combo

Jeroen M. Kleijer jeroen.m.kleijer at philips.com
Mon Nov 21 11:47:50 GMT 2005

Hi,

I've got a bit of a strange situation around here.
I've got a couple of workstations at site A that are perfectly able to do
a passwordless "openssh -Y <machine>" to an interactive server on site B.
I can remotely start an xterm, uptime etc....
However, when I add the line "rsh_command /appl/openssh.sge/cur/bin/ssh
-Y" to the clusterconfiguration of these workstations at site A, the qrsh
command does absolutely nothing and gets a time-out with the following
message in the qmaster-logfile:

11/21/2005 12:36:23|qmaster|nlyehvsaq1lx001|W|job 2366.1 failed on host
nlcftcs11 assumedly after job because: job 2366.1 died through signal HUP
(1)

I've got a workstation at site B that is exactly the same as the ones at
site A but this workstation does seem to work.
Has anyone encountered this before?

Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards

Jeroen Kleijer
Unix Systeembeheer