[GE users] Postgresql support

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Mon Nov 21 15:41:26 GMT 2005

John,

during the early prototype stages for new spooling methods we evaluated SQL
DB's as well. I assume it would be quite some work to update the code,
install procedure anddocs to make it running with a SQL spooling DB.

Performance data was not good at all - that was the main motivation to not
consider SQL DB spooling as a supported feature in Grid Engine.

Andy