[GE users] Stopping MPICH child processes on qdel

Brian R Smith brian at cypher.acomp.usf.edu
Sat Nov 26 19:13:40 GMT 2005

John,

I'm an idiot { I thought I was doing just that, MPICH_PROCESS_GROUP, but
I wasn't } ;)  In the time it actually took for my email to finally hit
the list, I had figured that out.  I switched our users over to
sge_mpirun, which i modified to export MPICH_PROCESS_GROUP=no for them.
Also, I created an sge_mpirun_p4 for our non-myrinet nodes and the
tight-integration features have never worked better.  Processes get
handled perfectly.

Thanks

-Brian