[GE users] qalter with option -h U and -hold_jid

MINIHOLD Markus markus.minihold at it-austria.com
Mon Nov 28 06:50:36 GMT 2005

 what I want to do is, submit more then one job at once (not bulk) with hold
status,
change the dependencies from JOB2 and JOB1 so that JOB1 is the predecessor
Job of JOB2
and the sucessor from JOB2 is JOB1 and within the same command remove the
hold on JOB2

I'm doing following commands on SGE master:

qsub -h -N JOB1 sleeper.sh
qsub -h -N JOB2 sleeper.sh
qalter -hold_jid JOB2 JOB1 -h U JOB2

But I'm getting an error message saying: The specified option works only on
jobs

What's wrong?

Markus