[GE users] qalter with option -h U and -hold_jid

Stephan Grell - Sun Germany - SSG - Software Engineer stephan.grell at Sun.COM
Mon Nov 28 08:19:12 GMT 2005

MINIHOLD Markus wrote On 11/28/05 07:50,:

> Hi,
>
>  what I want to do is, submit more then one job at once (not bulk)
> with hold status,
> change the dependencies from JOB2 and JOB1 so that JOB1 is the
> predecessor Job of JOB2
> and the sucessor from JOB2 is JOB1 and within the same command remove
> the hold on JOB2
>
> I'm doing following commands on SGE master:
>
> qsub -h -N JOB1 sleeper.sh
> qsub -h -N JOB2 sleeper.sh
> qalter -hold_jid JOB2 JOB1 -h U JOB2
>
> But I'm getting an error message saying: The specified option works
> only on jobs
>
> What's wrong?

Qalter applies all specified options on all specified jobs. The mixture you
are trying does not work. It would work when you do the following:

qalter -hold_jid JOB2 JOB1
qalter -h U JOB2

Stephan