[GE users] delegate files staging problem

Goncalo Borges goncalo at lip.pt
Tue Nov 29 09:53:09 GMT 2005

Hello everybody,
I have installed SGE6 and all went OK. Nevertheless, when I submit a given
job, the standard error and output always stays in the user (owner) home
directory of the execution host. For me this is a problem since I do not
want to use a shared system and I would like that the standard error and
output would be retrieved to the user (owner) home directory in the host
where the job was submitted (and not where it run).

I have seen that there is a HOW-TO explanation on how to implement this
procedure:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/filestaging/filestaging6.html

Nevertheless, and after following the HOW-TO procedure, it still doesn't
work. I have debugged the issue until the following situation:

1) I have checked that the prolog and epilog scripts really run after and
before the job.

2) The "delegate_file_staging" is also set to true in the cluster configuration.

3) Nevertheless, all variables $fs_stdout(err,in)_... are empty.
The variables $fs_stdout(in)_file_staging are also set to 0, although the
"delegate_file_staging" is set to true in the cluster configuration file.

Do you have any clues why this is happening and how can I solve it?
I really appreciate the help...
Thanks in advance
	Best Regards
	Goncalo