[GE users] delegate files staging problem

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Nov 29 17:16:59 GMT 2005

Hi Goncalo,

Am 29.11.2005 um 16:34 schrieb Goncalo Borges:

> Hi,
>> From what I understood from the HOWTO, I though It was sufficient
>> to put
> the variables "delegated_file_staging true". Is this definition
> sufficient to include the DRMAA interface, or should I call it in any
> other way? If so, how can I call it?

the DRMAA is always present in SGE6. It's a so called API
(Application Program Interface), which gives you the ability to
submit jobs directly from inside a JAVA or C program. Unless you are
submitting your jobs from inside these programs but from the command
line with qsub, you can't use this type of file-staging (for now).

Therefore the link to the second Howto about file-staging.

If you are interested, there are also some Howto's about DRMAA:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/drmaa.html

-- Reuti

>>> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/