[GE users] debugging mailer oddness on SGE 6

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Nov 30 22:13:26 GMT 2005

On Nov 30, 2005, at 3:59 PM, DGS wrote:

>> Running  /usr/bin/mail works as expected via the command line just
>> fine on each compute node. Local logs show the connection and
>> successful relay.
>
> Did you actually set the '/usr/bin/mail' path in your cluster
> configuration?  I believe the mailer path is '/bin/mail' in
> the default installation.

"qconf -sconf global" and "qconf -sconf <machine name>" all report /
usr/bin/mail as the mailer and this is the correct path for darwin
arch boxes running OS X.
At this point I'm confused enough to hope that restarting the execd
daemon is going to work.  If that fails it will be time to write a
mailer wrapper that does configurable logging. Anyway its a strange
issue, I can't reproduce the problem on any other OS X cluster, even
ones with identical SGE and network settings.

-chris