[GE users] Max jobs per project

Alan Miller Alan.Miller at synopsys.com
Tue Apr 4 10:50:08 BST 2006

I'm looking for a way to limit the number of jobs
a user can have on a per project basis.

I came across the discussion about max_u_jobs_per_queue
 BrowseList?list=users&by=thread&from=5245
but what I'd like is a per project limit.

My users are divided into two teams and I'd like to divide
the resources via 3 groups.

  All hosts have just one queue instance: q at hostname
  A user should be limited to 4 "batch-high" jobs.
  "batch-normal" jobs are unlimited and should run on
  the team's private hostgroup (if possible. If not the
  a host in the communal pool should be used.

  Group A:
     Access:  only to users in userlist A
     Project: batch-high,batch-normal
     Seq_no:  1000