[GE users] Max jobs per project

Tue Apr 4 13:17:32 BST 2006

Hi Alan,

there might be a dirty work around, but nothing practical. It is already
filed as RFE and it is on our list for the next release...

Cheers,
Stephan

Alan Miller wrote:

>I'm looking for a way to limit the number of jobs
>a user can have on a per project basis.
>
>I came across the discussion about max_u_jobs_per_queue
> BrowseList?list=users&by=thread&from=5245
>but what I'd like is a per project limit.
>
>My users are divided into two teams and I'd like to divide
>the resources via 3 groups.
>
>  All hosts have just one queue instance: q at hostname
>  A user should be limited to 4 "batch-high" jobs.
>  "batch-normal" jobs are unlimited and should run on
>  the team's private hostgroup (if possible. If not the
>  a host in the communal pool should be used.
>
>  Group A:
>     Access:  only to users in userlist A
>     Project: batch-high,batch-normal
>     Seq_no:  1000
>  Group B:
>     Access:  only to users in userlist B
>     Project: batch-high,batch-normal
>     Seq_no:  1000
>  Group C: accessible to all users
>     Access:  all users
>     Project: batch-normal
>     Seq_no:  100
>
>Is there a way to do this?
>Suggestions?
>
>Alan

Sun Microsystems GmbH           Stephan Grell
Dr. Leo-Ritter-Str. 7           Software Engineer
93054 Regensburg                Phone: (+49 941)3075 226
Germany                         Fax:   (+49 941)3075 222
http://www.sun.com/grid         mailto:stephan.grell at sun.com