[GE users] MPICH2 tight integration with SGE

Goncalo Borges goncalo at lip.pt
Wed Apr 5 11:32:35 BST 2006

Hi,

> This was on the list some time before: you can disable any system-rshd, and
> SGE will use a private one for each qrsh call - if you have a Tight
> Integration. You can also use ssh, but then you get wrong accounting
> (http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/qrsh_qlogin_ssh.html) until one of the
> next followup releases of SGE, which will also include also this feature.

Accounting, at least at this point, is not important for us. But it will
be in a near future. Nevertheless, I'm tending to configure qrsh and qlogin
to use ssh. In this case what is the conclusion regarding MPICH2
integration? Is it possible to get the MPICH2 tight integration with SGE
following the previous how-to instructions?

Thanks
Goncalo