[GE users] MPICH2 tight integration with SGE (still)

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Apr 7 19:38:00 BST 2006

Hey Goncalo!

Am 07.04.2006 um 19:24 schrieb Goncalo Borges:

> Hi there,
> I'm not sure if I understood the difference between the smpd startup
> method in its daemon and daemonless configuration.
>
> In the deamon configuration:
> - What are the daemons suppose to do?

Speedup the startup of mpiexec calls, as there is no additional rsh/
ssh necessary. If you have just one mpiexec per job, there shouldn't
be much difference to the daemonless startup.

> - The deamons are not killed after the job is finished?

In a Tight Integration they should be shutdown/killed after the job
completed.

> - Is there a daemon for each slot or a deamon for the whole host?

One daemon per job per node (independend of the number of used slots).

HTH - Reuti