[GE users] again on PVM and integration with sge

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Apr 10 12:17:00 BST 2006


Dawe,

you mean you followed: http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/pvm- 
integration/pvm-integration.html? Did you also used the new pvm  
scripts from this Howto page? What is your definition of the  
corresponding PE?

I'm confused, why your output contains node3 and node7, as the script  
will only run on the headnode of your parallel job.

-- Reuti


Am 10.04.2006 um 12:41 schrieb davide cittaro:

> Hi all, I still have a little problem with PVM (pvm 3.4) on linux.
> I have installed PVM on Gentoo, everything is in /usr/share/pvm3
> I can use pvm alone, without GE, just executing
> /usr/share/pvm3/lib/pvm hostfile, with a hostfile I created...
> I followed the instruction given on gridengine site to integrate pvm
> with GE, but:
>
> dcittaro at special ~/pvmtest $ cat tester_loose.sh.po39603
> /opt/n1ge6/omix/spool/node3/active_jobs/39603.1/pe_hostfile
> node3.sge.ifom-ieo-campus.it /usr/share/pvm3
> /tmp/pvmtmp015264.0
> startpvm.sh: startup failed - invoking cleanup script
> /opt/n1ge6/omix/spool/node3/active_jobs/39603.1/pe_hostfile
> node3.sge.ifom-ieo-campus.it
> /opt/n1ge6/omix/spool/node3/active_jobs/39603.1/pe_hostfile
> node3.sge.ifom-ieo-campus.it
> /opt/n1ge6/omix/spool/node7/active_jobs/39603.1/pe_hostfile
> node7.sge.ifom-ieo-campus.it /usr/share/pvm3
> /tmp/pvmtmp005727.0
> startpvm.sh: startup failed - invoking cleanup script
> /opt/n1ge6/omix/spool/node7/active_jobs/39603.1/pe_hostfile
> node7.sge.ifom-ieo-campus.it
> /opt/n1ge6/omix/spool/node7/active_jobs/39603.1/pe_hostfile
> node7.sge.ifom-ieo-campus.it
>
> and
>
> dcittaro at special ~/pvmtest $ cat tester_loose.sh.pe39603
> startpvm: Couldn't get all of the 4 requested hosts
> rm: cannot remove `/tmp/39603.1.bofh.q/hostfile': No such file or  
> directory
> libpvm [pid15289] /tmp/pvmd.2486: No such file or directory
> libpvm [pid15289] /tmp/pvmd.2486: No such file or directory
> libpvm [pid15289]: pvm_halt(): Can't contact local daemon
> startpvm: Couldn't get all of the 4 requested hosts
> rm: cannot remove `/tmp/39603.1.bofh.q/hostfile': No such file or  
> directory
> libpvm [pid5752] /tmp/pvmd.2486: No such file or directory
> libpvm [pid5752] /tmp/pvmd.2486: No such file or directory
> libpvm [pid5752]: pvm_halt(): Can't contact local daemon
>
> I've seen that this happened to somebody on net-bsd but there was not
> that help...
> How do you think can I fix this? What I should check in addition?
>
> Thanks
>
> d
> --
> dawe
> http://dawe.ilbello.com
> ---
> "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." -
> Niels Bohr
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net




More information about the gridengine-users mailing list