[GE users] again on PVM and integration with sge

davide cittaro daweonline at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 14:40:02 BST 2006

Hi Reuti,
it seems that, for loose integration, adding

#$ -v PVM_DPATH=/usr/share/pvm3/lib/pvmd

to the scripts makes things working...
I've seen that
rsh nodeX $PVM_ROOT/lib/pvm

and then adding nodes, didn't work because pvm couldn't find pvmd.

rsh nodeX PVM_DPATH=/usr/share/pvm3/lib/pvmd $PVM_ROOT/lib/pvm

instead works.
I haven't tried tight configurations, now I have to understand why the
software I would like to use doesn't work...

Bye