[GE users] PVM tight integration

davide cittaro daweonline at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 14:08:50 BST 2006

On 4/11/06, Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
> Below...

Sorry...

>> So, here is the problem: why are the files "hostfile" and (the link)
>> "rsh" not created in the intended location? Something is not working
>> with your start_proc_args. Are you setting TMPDIR by hand in any of
>> your login scripts which supersedes the SGE setting of it? - Reuti

I'm not setting TMPDIR except that in batch scripts (such as tester_tight.sh).
While pvm runs (or at least tries to do it...) I can see on headnode
the /tmp/JOB_ID.QUEUE directory in which I have a hostfile and a
symlink to $SGE_ROOT/pvm/rsh... That directory is evidently removed
before pvm starts on slavenodes...