[GE users] PVM tight integration

Davide Cittaro daweonline at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 20:10:38 BST 2006

> No.
>
> With all this things, maybe it would be worth to try a self
> compiled PVM in your ~, as I implemented all the things this way.
> Maybe there is something compiled into your distribution.

That is probably true, since gentoo tends to custom the packages
installation, I'm checking tomorrow. By the way I made some tests
trying to change the PVM_TMP value. It happens that when I modify it
from the shell, pvm writes there. It also happens that TMPDIR value
is correctly send to GE, as I echoed it to .po files (it prints /tmp/
$JOB_ID.QUEUE)... It seems that my GE environment isn't able to
correctly export PVM_TMP=$TMPDIR as qrsh is launched...
I tried to do something like:

$ qrsh "env FOO=5"

and I see the $FOO correctly assigned...
I'm pretty new to SGE, which are the ways one can send/get variables
in qsub/qrsh?

Thanks