[GE users] clusters on a subnet

Brady Catherman bradyc at uidaho.edu
Wed Apr 12 17:57:39 BST 2006

We have a setup that is kind of like this.

We have one switch with the head node and such that is in the
192.168.0.0 range. Another series of switches with nodes all in the
10.0.0.0 range.

By setting up forwarding and routing we are able to directly talk
with the nodes. For example, on our head node wee run:
route add 10.0.0.0/8 192.168.2.253

and then the dhcp server sets the gateway on the tail nodes to
forward up to 192.168.2.251 (the head node)

This merged our two networks no problem and can most likely be made
to work in your situation =)