[GE users] multiple exection nodes process incorrectly by automated install

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Sun Apr 16 13:58:40 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 17:20 +0200, Krzysztof Wilk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that SGE 6.0u7_1 automated installation method processes
> multiple execution host list entries incorrectly.

Can I ask if you are also setting the EXEC_HOST_LIST_RM
list correctly?
If this _RM  list is empty your install may fail.

Looking in the inst-common.sh script :

   CheckConfigFile
   if [ "$BACKUP" = "false" ]; then
      SGE_CELL=$CELL_NAME
      DB_SPOOLING_SERVER=`ResolveHosts $DB_SPOOLING_SERVER`
      ADMIN_HOST_LIST=`ResolveHosts $ADMIN_HOST_LIST`
      SUBMIT_HOST_LIST=`ResolveHosts $SUBMIT_HOST_LIST`
      EXEC_HOST_LIST=`ResolveHosts $EXEC_HOST_LIST`
      SHADOW_HOST=`ResolveHosts $SHADOW_HOST`
      EXEC_HOST_LIST_RM=`ResolveHosts $EXEC_HOST_LIST_RM`
   fi

The BACKUP flag has changed since the u6 release.