[GE users] Changing qmaster name

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Mon Apr 17 10:18:06 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 19:29 -0500, Thomas P Foley wrote:

>  However the documentation states to use the name that is found by
> running /opt/gridengine/utilbin/lx26-amd64/gethostbyname. When I do
> this of course the name returns exactly coosa.eng.uab.edu. How can I
> change the qmaster name so that the front end node as well as all the
> compute nodes will point to the correct qmaster?

Tommy,  a quick way out of this would be to set an alias for the
qmaster.
Leave the setup as it is,
and make a file called $SGE_ROOT/default/common/host_aliases
which contains:

coosa.eng.uab.edu  coosa.local

That SHOULD do the job for you.
There is an SGE HOWTO on dealing with multiple interfaces:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/multi_intrfcs.html