[GE users] Dual Core Machines

laikwong laikwong at comp.nus.edu.sg
Tue Apr 18 09:15:04 BST 2006

Thanks. I do remember seeing it somewhere that SGE reports 2 CPUs in play.

My next question is how does SGE treat a dual core machine?

Does it treat it as 1 super fast machine? Or does it treat it as 2 machines?

Any ideas whether or not it might make a difference assuming I am not submit
jobs that makes use of threads.

Thanks

Daniel