[GE users] Loose vs. tight MPICH integration

Duong Ta duongtnb at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 10:28:14 BST 2006

Dear,

Anyone could tell me the differences in the procedures for loose and tight
integration of MPICH to SGE v6? I've noticed there're a few differences as
below:

- Tight integration: we have the -catch_rsh for startmpi.sh. Loose
integration doesn't have.
- Tight integration: control slave = true, job is first task = false. The
opposites are applied for loose integration

However, when I check the output of "ps -e f -o pid,ppid,pgrp,command", it
seems that there were no difference in running MPI jobs under loose or tight
SGE integration. That means in both cases, I've always noticed that the MPI
jobs were under the control of sge_shepherd. The resource usage e.g., CPU
was also correctly reflected in both loose and tight integration.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Duong