[GE users] Dual Core Machines

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Apr 18 20:21:53 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 16:15 +0800, laikwong wrote:
> Thanks. I do remember seeing it somewhere that SGE reports 2 CPUs in play.
>
> My next question is how does SGE treat a dual core machine?
>
> Does it treat it as 1 super fast machine? Or does it treat it as 2 machines?
It treats it as a machine with two processors.
A dual CPU/dual core machine is treated as a four processor machine.

I'm speaking as someone who is currently working with many Sun Galaxy
4100's (four cores it total). Nice machines.

I'm in Linlithgow this week, but I wouldn't imagine any SGE developers
are in those parts.