[GE users] Stock SGE breaks stock CentOS PHP

Aaron Knister aknister at hsb.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Apr 18 21:01:19 BST 2006

To fix that I just unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but you might find that qmon no-longer works. I wasn't sure if SGE would break if I rm'd that file.

-Aaron

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 03:51:48PM -0400, Christopher Dwan wrote:

> Just had a fun little error that took some thinking to diagnose.
>
> I'm building a cluster with CentOS 4.  I had the portal built, and
> the time came to install SGE.  I did the SGE install using courtesy
> binaries (sge-6.0u7_1-bin-lx24-amd64.tar.gz), which worked
> perfectly.  I then moved on with configuring other parts of the
> system.  Later on, I restarted the web server, only to see this error:
>
> [root at bioteam sge]# apachectl graceful
> apachectl: Configuration syntax error, will not run "graceful":
> Syntax error on line 6 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf:
> Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/libphp4.so into server: /etc/httpd/
> modules/libphp4.so: undefined symbol: db_create
>
> After wasting a bit of time chasing RPM versions, PHP libraries,
> berkeleydb libraries and the like, the solution was to remove the
> some of the library files that come with SGE:
>
> [root at bioteam sge]# rm lib/lx24-amd64/libdb-4.2.so
> rm: remove regular file `lib/lx24-amd64/libdb-4.2.so'? y
> [root at bioteam sge]# apachectl graceful
> httpd not running, trying to start
> [root at bioteam sge]#
>
> FYI.
>
> -Chris Dwan

"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is."

Windows? NT 4.0: The world's only fully buzzword compliant Operating System.

Aaron Knister
Systems Administrator
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt, MD 20771