[GE users] benchmark for GE

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Wed Apr 19 12:45:24 BST 2006

Hi Davide,

I've uploaded a little ruby based benchmark to

   http://gridengine.sunsource.net/files/documents/7/73/bm-1-0.tar.gz

that might be useful for you.

The benchmark submits series of sequential jobs and array jobs with
varied run times, measures resource consumption of qmaster/scheduler
and the time it takes until these jobs go through and stores the result
in a statistics file.

Note that little benchmark was outcome of my very private activities
to get familar with ruby language some time ago and thus has not the
status of a Grid Engine official benchmark. Note also I wrote it for
my MacOS laptop. This means that it might require little porting to
get time/cpu time/memory consumption be measured.

Regards,
Andreas