[GE users] MPICH2 tight integration with SGE

Goncalo Borges goncalo at lip.pt
Wed Apr 19 15:42:11 BST 2006

Dear All,

I have sucessed implementing MPICH2 tight integration with SGE using ssh
instead of the rsh (which is the default protocol used in the mpich2
integration how-to:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/mpich2-integration/mpich2-integration.html).

Mpi jobs run using:

> export MPIEXEC_RSH=ssh
> mpiexec -ssh -nopm -n $NSLOTS -machinefile $TMPDIR/machines $HOME/<executable>

Nevertheless, I would like to know what is the meaning of the
"-ssh or -rsh" and "-nopm" options used after the mpiexec instruction.
I have looked in the man pages and there are no such kind of options.
Could you clarify the issue?
Cheers
Goncalo