[GE users] Parameter sweep application

Massimo Canonico canonico at mfn.unipmn.it
Thu Apr 20 11:19:21 BST 2006

I'm newbie in GE.

If I must run 100 experiments where the executable, the output path and
the input path are always the same,  is there a way to specify all jobs
in one bash file?

something like this:
------------
!#/bin/bash

$exepath = /home/mex/sig
$outpath = /mayhem/sealion/mex

$executable      = $(exepath)/Negative

$argExp1 = -par1
$argExp2 = -par2
$argExp100 = -par100

 for ((i=1; i < 100; i++)) do $executable $argExp$i > $outpath$i; done

Must I write a script that generates 100 bash files or is there a smart
solution?

I know that in other batch schedulers like condor it is possible using
just one file.

Cheers,
 Massimo