[GE users] Parameter sweep application

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com
Thu Apr 20 11:54:09 BST 2006

> If I must run 100 experiments where the executable, the output path and
> the input path are always the same,  is there a way to specify all jobs
> in one bash file?

It looks like you're wishing for array jobs. From qsub(1):

      -t n[-m[:s]]
              Submits a so called Array Job, i.e. an array of identical
tasks being differentiated only by an index number and being treated by Grid
              Engine almost like a series of jobs.

Perhaps your shell script would resemble the following:

#!/bin/sh

exename=/home/mex/sig/Negative
outpath=/mayhem/sealion/mex

if [ -n "$SGE_TASK_ID" ]; then
  $exename -par$SGE_TASK_ID > $outpath$SGE_TASK_ID
else
  $exename -par_default > $outpath-default
fi

/mark

Dr. Mark Olesen
Principal Engineer Thermofluids Analysis
ArvinMeritor Light Vehicle Systems
ArvinMeritor Emissions Technologies GmbH
Biberbachstr. 9
D-86154 Augsburg, GERMANY

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of ArvinMeritor, Inc., its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.