[GE users] Loose vs. tight MPICH integration

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Apr 21 12:02:47 BST 2006

Hi,

Am 21.04.2006 um 11:09 schrieb Duong Ta:

> Dear Reuti,
>
> Could you please help me find some links on how to tightly
> integrate MPICH-1 into SGE v6? It seems that on
> gridengine.sunsource.net we only have the howtos on MPICH-2. For
> this link on MPICH-1 http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich-
> integration.html, look like it's not some sorts of tutorial on
> integrating MPICH-1 to SGE.

the default setting in the example template for MPICH in $SGE_ROOT/
mpi is already for a Tigtht Integration. If it's not working, and the
children on the nodes are not under control of SGE, then the Howto
can be used to get some hints to locate the problem. In your case it
maybe just necessary to:

export P4_RSHCOMMAND=rsh

before the mpirun command.

Cheers - Reuti