[GE users] qsub -cwd and SLES 9.0 and a bit of DRMAA

Dev dev_hyd2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 14:56:03 BST 2006

     One more problem I'm having is with the setWorkingDirectory of DRMAA.  I remember having specified an absolute path and being able to run the job in that directory but in 6.0u7_1 the same code somehow doesn't do what it was doing before. Qmaster tells me that execvp("<script_name>") failed since it wasn't found. Has something changed?

/Dev

Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote: Hi,

Am 25.04.2006 um 11:01 schrieb Andreas Haas:

> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Dev wrote:
>
>> HI,
>>
>>    I think this should have been answered somewhere
>> before. I tried searching for it but couldn't get to
>> it.
>> When I use -cwd with qsub why does my PWD always get
>> reset to the HOME directory and not to the directory
>> from which I try to run the job? This is on SLES 9.0.
>>
>> when I try to submit the job script
>>
>> echo $PWD ( contents of test.sh )
>>
>> using qsub -cwd test.sh I get the out as my $HOME and
>> not the dir from which I'm running qsub.

maybe it's a matter when $PWD is updated by the shell. I mean: you
can set $PWD to anything on your own, and it will be synchronized by
the next `cd`:

reuti at host:~> echo $PWD
/home/reuti
reuti at host:~> PWD="blabla"