[GE users] SGE_O_WORKDIR vs PWD

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com
Tue Apr 25 15:43:49 BST 2006

In the Star-CD scripts, they insist on using 'SGE_O_WORKDIR' to determine
the current job directory:

      PNP_JOBDIR=`absolute_path $SGE_O_WORKDIR`
	cd $PNP_JOBDIR

Since this ruins my array jobs (ie, it ignores my 'cd case$TASK_ID') and
appears to be horrible style, I am trying to convince them that $PWD is the
correct variable to be using.
Since they do use '-cwd' for submitting the jobs, I cannot understand why
they have done this. The only response I get is that they have reservations
about breaking sge 5.3 installations.

Although I find it hard to imagine, have there been any known issues with
PWD having been broken in any of the 5.3 or 6.0 versions?
A simple statement from the Regensburgers would likely go a long way here.

Thanks,
/mark

Dr. Mark Olesen
Principal Engineer Thermofluids Analysis
ArvinMeritor Light Vehicle Systems
ArvinMeritor Emissions Technologies GmbH
Biberbachstr. 9
D-86154 Augsburg, GERMANY

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of ArvinMeritor, Inc., its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.