[GE users] #$ flag

Mark Casella mark at exa.com
Tue Apr 25 16:50:18 BST 2006

Hi Users,

	Our SGE users here repeatably have tried to comment out lines in
runscripts beginning with an environment variable. They end up not
leaving a space between the # and $ and jobs die with misleading messages.

	I'm sure this is a pretty common gotcha and I know you can redefine #$
to be something else. I am looking for a robust suggestions that the
average script will not accidentally create when commenting out a line.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Mark