[GE users] Limits on jobs per queue?

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 06:07:51 BST 2006

6.1 hasn't relased yet... you mean 6.0??

I was thinking that the kind of workaround is to request for a
consumable when you want to submit to that queue -- a qsub wrapper can
easily do that, but users can workaround it easily too...

Rayson

On 4/18/06, Andre Thomas <athomas at forensicmedia.co.uk> wrote:
> Hey Rayson,
>
> Thanks for the reply, we do use 6.1 here and would be very interested in
> some work arounds if they exist.
>
> cheers
>
> andre
>
> Rayson Ho wrote:
>
> There are workarounds for current version, but for GE 6.1, you will be
able
> to do it cleanly...

Specification Resource Limitation
> Rules:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/nonav/source/browse/~checkout~/gridengine/doc/devel/rfe/ResourceLimitationRulesSpecification.html

Rayson

On
> 4/17/06, Andre Thomas <athomas at forensicmedia.co.uk> wrote:

> Does anybody know if I can implement a job limit per queue?

Basically, I
> want my main queue to have a Max Jobs per User = 100,
but a secondary queue
> I would like to limit the Max Jobs per User to 5.

Is there any way to do
> this?

cheers

andre