[GE users] No Summer of Code, but...

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 09:20:32 BST 2006

We had some discussions on the dev list about joining this
year's SoC, the sad news is that google didn't accept ours
application :(

Google actually moved the cutoff date from the end of this month
to Monday, and I sent the request to Google in the last minute
and they said they were not able to contain us.

However, it does not mean that there won't be SGE related
projects, it just means that SGE is not one of the mentors.

OpenSolaris is one of the mentors this year. If we find anything
that is both related SGE and Solaris, then may be we can discuss
with them. One thing that may be interesting to us is the
parallel build performance:

http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/message.jspa?messageID=33951

And OSCAR is another one, may be Bernard can find an OSCAR
project that is SGE related and see if students are interested?

 -Ron

http://mail.yahoo.com