[GE users] User priority

Massimo Canonico canonico at mfn.unipmn.it
Thu Apr 27 10:03:26 BST 2006

I'm trying to figure out how I can configure SGE in order to have user
priority like Condor. I have a very simple scenario: we are just 6
users, no different departments, no different projects.

I would just see that the user priority for users who are running run
jobs gradually gets worse in order that the other users are able to run
their jobs without wait "forever". I would like to see that the long
jobs could be suspended, if the priority of the user is lower than
another one.

I guess that I have to set up the "Share-tree policy", but I'm not sure
how I must configure all parameters.

Which the quick way to configure a fair policy in this simple scenario?

Thanks in advance,
 Massimo.