[GE users] Failed receiving gdi request

Thomas Neumann Thomas.Neumann at exasol.com
Tue Aug 1 13:15:52 BST 2006

Hello !

Thanks for your answers. Since the system was restarted this morning, it
runs stable at the moment. When the problem occurs next time, I will try
to get the relevant info.

Here is the info I can give you now:
* My new script submits 65 jobs from shell doing a qsub for each job
without any delay in between.
* The qmaster and all nodes in the cluster spool to local directories
* While the system runs stable the messages in read buffer never exeeded
150 even when there were about 200 jobs running. (My check script
triggers alarm when the messages in read buffer exeed 200). Normally the
messages in read buffer are even close to 0.

Unfortunately, I havn't got any data concerning the qmaster host at time
of failure, I will collect it the next time. I didn't register any
noticeable behaviour of nodes in the cluster, but I will have a closer
look there the next time, too.

Thanks,
    Thomas