[GE users] Interactive jobs disappear from qstat

Sean Dilda sean at duke.edu
Tue Aug 1 15:48:44 BST 2006

Barry McInnes wrote:
> Current tests :
>
> If I force the ql.sh to use port 22, I get a valid ssh login to the
> compute node, but the qstat entry disappears after 20-30 secs.
> If I use the port number SGE designates, I don't get an ssh session, but
> qstat displays the process unitl I Interrupt it.
>
> How do I specify the ports range that SGE uses (like 54992) to run sshd
> -i on the compute node ?

SGE does that automatically.   '-i' is for running in inetd mode.  What
happens is sge (either sge_execd or sge_shepherd, not sure which)
listens on the port.  As soon as a connection is made, SGE then starts
'sshd -i' (whatever command is on you _daemon config option) and passes
the open socket connection to that program.  So, sshd never needs to
know what the port is.