[GE users] Network FileSystem

jobarjo jobarjo78 at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 1 16:27:50 BST 2006

We are thinking since a long time using AFS. AFS has a real cache
coherency mechanism
We did some succesful tests, but people here don't want to here about
it, because, NFS is THE filesystem.
I still don't understand why so many people uses this so poor protocol.
We have LOTS of cache coherency problems with NFS because we use fine
grained parallelism over SGE. I don't talk about the stability...
AFS management is also much simpler.
Can you confirm that AFS 1.4.x is stable and efficient?