[GE users] QRSH -display $DISPLAY: Unknown Option

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Aug 1 21:47:54 BST 2006

Hi,

Am 01.08.2006 um 21:59 schrieb Amit H Kumar:

> Hi SGE,
>
> I was trying to pass my display variable to qrsh and get this error
>
> /bin/touch: creating `/tmp/QRSH/testuser': No such file or directory

are you using any special startup procedure? Any prolog?

> error: Unknown option -display

The -display option is only available for qsh, which has to be set up
correctly before.

You could move to use ssh instead and use the -X or -Y switch, to get
the $DISPLAY variable set up correctly, and it's even more secure
than using "xhost +<ip-address>" to allow a connection to your local
X server.