[GE users] AlreadyActiveSessionException

Jeff White jsw at farecast.com
Wed Aug 2 19:23:48 BST 2006

I am getting this exception when trying to Session.init(null) the very
first and only time in my application. Did a previous process leave the
grid in a bad state? Do I need to somehow "exit" the previous session? I
have run this app many times and have never encountered this exception.
I am running 6.0u8.

org.ggf.drmaa.AlreadyActiveSessionException: Initialization failed due
to existing DRMAA session.
        at com.sun.grid.drmaa.SessionImpl.nativeInit(Native Method)
        at com.sun.grid.drmaa.SessionImpl.init(SessionImpl.java:277)

thanks,
jeff