[GE users] offline nodes.

johnny laynejg at vcu.edu
Wed Aug 2 22:27:17 BST 2006

hye,
    I think you're describing what's called "draining" queue instances,
and Dev is, as far as I know, exactly right.  If I want to create a new
cluster queue for some reason & someone is still running something on a
node that I want to use, I just disable that node & then no one can
submit to it until I enable it again (now in my new queue!).  Google
"SGE drain queues" and you should find some more info.  Good luck!
     johnny