[GE users] Transfer Queues

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Aug 3 12:12:21 BST 2006

Hi,

Am 02.08.2006 um 23:52 schrieb Chris Chambers:

> Yes, I defined the complex for the load value.  And each time I hit
> return the number of jobs waiting is returned.  However, the number
> stays the same since they never get run on the transfer queue.

this should be the jobs in the other (i.e. remote) cluster.

> When you look at the transfer queue, using either qmon or qstat -f
> should the transfer queue have values for the load average?

The load is just the load of the machine, where the load sensor
resides. It has no practical meaning, but should be available of
course. You have an execd running there, as he will execute the load
sensor. You are using the same ports for qmaster and execd on both
clusters?

But the Howto was for SGE 5.x, so it might need some tuning to get it
working under 6.0. E.g. there is no longer a "COMMD_PORT" as the
environment variables are different.

-- Reuti