[GE users] Checking the cluster environment before re-configuring gridengine

Paul paul.peacock at mac.com
Fri Aug 4 17:18:15 BST 2006

Dear All,

because of problems we have had with running parallel calculations
with gridengine.  I am going to re-install and re-configure
gridengine, but before I do this I wanted to draw up a check list of
things in our environment that I should check to make sure things are
properly configured before starting the install procedure outlined in
the sun docs.

At the moment, our environment is configured for all users to log
into the qmaster, but not to the slave nodes(only root can login).
What I would like to know is what level of access do I need to
provide in order for things to work properly.

If you can point me at any detailed sun docs that's all I need or
suggestions.

Thanks for your time,

Paul.