[GE users] Checking the cluster environment before re-configuring gridengine

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Aug 4 17:44:51 BST 2006

Hi,

Am 04.08.2006 um 18:18 schrieb Paul:

> Dear All,
>
> because of problems we have had with running parallel calculations
> with gridengine.  I am going to re-install and re-configure
> gridengine, but before I do this I wanted to draw up a check list
> of things in our environment that I should check to make sure
> things are properly configured before starting the install
> procedure outlined in the sun docs.
>
> At the moment, our environment is configured for all users to log
> into the qmaster, but not to the slave nodes(only root can login).
> What I would like to know is what level of access do I need to
> provide in order for things to work properly.
>
> If you can point me at any detailed sun docs that's all I need or
> suggestions.

if you have a Tight Integration with your parallel applications,
there is no need for having an rsh or ssh login for users. Please
have a look at the Howto page for other parallel libs besides MPICH2:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/howto.html#Tight%20Integration%
20of%20Parallel%20Libraries

Also worth to implement are local spool directories:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/nfsreduce.html