[GE users] Automated installation

V01D phreakuencies at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 17:07:34 BST 2006

So, I'm still left with this doubt (maybe someone knows this): how am I
supposed to install an execution node without requiring user
intervention. I'm referring to a situation where I only run:
./inst_sge -m -noremote -auto configfile.conf
on the master host using a configfile.conf with no hosts defined on it.

I don't know how should I let the master node know about the new
execution host (ie: what command, if any, to run on the master node) and
how to install gridengine on the host (ie: what command, if any, to run
on the exec host).

I noticed that ./inst_sge -x asks me about a qmaster installation, which
   I don't want. So I think maybe I only need to run something on the
master node without the '-noremote' option so that it contacts the exec
host and properly installs it. However, I don't know which
parameter/config file to use for this point.

Thank you,
Matt.