[GE users] [GE Users] strange priority behavior

Stephan Grell - Sun Germany - SSG - Software Engineer Stephan.Grell at Sun.COM
Mon Aug 7 09:18:04 BST 2006

tmac wrote:

> I'm using a strict project-based share tree. Each project gets a
> different number of shares.
>
> Users are assigned a default project (through user setup in qmon). A
> typical job is submitted with priority -500 (qsub -p -500). This is
> our convention to allow users to submit higher priority jobs when
> warrented. (As a side question, how can the codine admin set the
> default starting priority for a job?)
>
> I've been playing with the priority just to see how the queue sorts
> relative to the different project shares. Everything looks great
> except for one project where the priorities are applied opposite of
> what is expected. The project where this happens is the project with
> the most shares. If I set another project to have the most shares,
> then the priority strangeness moves to that project.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?

Can you give us some more information? What your config looks like,

In which order you submitted the job...

Other information that is important to understand what exactly strange
means...

Stephan