[GE users] Adding a new cell

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Aug 8 09:56:15 BST 2006

Has anyone ever added a new SGE cell to an already running installation?

I have created a second script to start the sge master, using a
different SGE_CELL name and
different ports for qmaster and execd.
I cannot connect to the qmaster on the new port:
" error: commlib error: can't connect to service (Connection refused)
unable to contact qmaster using port 1801 "

If the received wisdom is that this is only possible at install time, I
could do a backup and reinstall.
But it should be possible to add a new cell ??