[GE users] Node exclusion by users

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Aug 8 12:43:10 BST 2006

Hi,

Am 07.08.2006 um 18:44 schrieb Iwona Sakrejda:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible for a user to stop his jobs from running
> on a few nodes? Sometimes nodes break down in a way that
> is not easy to detect by monitoring. And if jobs flush through
> a node it's not always a problem with the node, most often
> a poorly constructed job. I would like to give users an
> option during weekends or evenings when support is not
> staffed to declare - "I don't want to run on the following nodes".

the user can specify all the queue instances with -q
serial at node01,serial at node02 or submit to a complete queue domain, if
you setup hostgroups before for some of the machines, which are
available at the weekend. This is of course where to run the job, as
there is no *not* in the resource request. - Reuti